[access-uk] Problem reading a document

  • From: Sam Glorious <samgloryous@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:10:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi Barry,

            After reading your reply to Petrina?s piece of mail I felt it would
be nice to share what?s been bugging me. I have got a problem reading a print
document, a French tutorial to be more precise, that was sent to me in an
Acrobat Reader format.

            A sighted associate viewing the screen of the monitor saw the
cursor move from line to line, but I was not able to hear the announcements of
what was being read from the screen by JAWS. I was wondering if you, or anyone,
can tell me what to do in order to hear what is being read.

            Any suggestion or contribution from you and others will be welcomed

            Cheers!

Sam

Barrie Moxon <barrie.moxon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:hi Petrina.
yes I download lots of e-books.
http://www.ebooksonthe.net/
if you send then a email they will convert to  TXT files.
and send you then by e mail, ask for arline chase
, she is very helpful.
http://www.ltdbooks.com/
is a very goods site, I download then in htm format and convert to text, then I
read then on my B/c
all the best
barrie

barrie.moxon@xxxxxxxxxxxx