[access-uk] Re: Problem finding Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:19:38 +0000

Hi Ed.

I've recently experienced similar behaviour on windows7, i didn't find a sollution and just ended up pinning it to my start menu. browse to program files and the internet explorer and right click and send to on the iexplor item, i'd assume the pin too and send too options are still available in windows 8?

insidentally, how are you finding windows8?

Mo.

On 28/11/2012 20:16, Edward Green wrote:

Hi,

I've just upgraded to Windows 8 and am using JAWS 14.

For some reason, I can't find Internet Explorer 10 in the tiles on my start screen, by typing it into the search box or in the list of default programs. The only browser listed is Google Chrome. However, if I type iexplore.exe in the run dialogue box, Internet Explorer loads.

Given that there are supposed to be two versions of IE in Windows 8, I feel a bit hard done by, smile. Does anyone know how I can get Internet Explorer to be a bit more visible? I've gone into Programs and Features, turn on and off Windows features, and Internet Explorer is showing as turned on.

When I've opened IE using iexplore.exe, I've tried to set it as the default by going into tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, and set Internet Explorer as the default browser, but again, it doesn't appear in the list of programs.

In case it makes a difference, I upgraded over the top of a Windows 7 installation, and chose to keep my settings and apps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ed