[access-uk] Re: Priority Uploads to RNIB Overdrive

  • From: "martin wilsher" <martinwilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:06:47 -0000

After all the fanfare around the discs which there was, I'm not surprised
either.  I'm reading broken rails by Christian wolmar at the moment,, and
that has all sorts of navigation in it, pages, phrase, chapter, the lot,
that's daisy, and on mem stick.  It's great! This overdrive is so much
rubbish imho. And the memory stick can be used on computer, or the stuff
transferred to sd card, so Overdrive to me seemed a waste of money on
RNIB's part.

From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:47:31 -0000

The answer to that question is quite simple.  As long as we have Overdrive,
we lose all the advantages of DAISY.

Iain