[access-uk] Printer problem explained

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:23:26 -0000

Hi George and all.

I discovered this morning that I may have a faulty usb socket on the back of
my new computer.  When I attach anything to it, the operating system fails
to pick it up.  I have 6 usb sockets on this computer and really don't wish
to make the 40 mile journey to PC World in Glasgow.  However, I may require
all of the six sockets one day, so I'm unsure what to do.

Can anyone tell me if such problems are common and easily fixed or does this
indicate a much more serious problem that really needs attention.

Best Wishes.
Andy from Sunny Kilcreggan.

Drop me a line at:
andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx