[access-uk] Re: Printer Recommendation

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:38:21 -0000

Given  your particular loading requirements I think that knocks out the Epson
inkjet printers as they all tend to load from the top and then go down.  The HP
inkjet printers by contrast will load from the front and post the job to the
front.  I have not had particular problems with that mechanism other than very
occasionally.

I've got an HP inkjet and frankly it hasn't been a happy partnership from
almost day one but I may have been unlucky with it.  I have found though that I
hardly ever needed colour except for photos and you can get small dedicated
printers that probably do as good if not better job than a cheap office printer.

On this basis, looking for a replacement document printer myself.  Personally I
like the look of those cheap Brother laser printers which are cheaper per page
to run for documents than inkjets.  Personally I will probably go mid range
somewhere about £120 mark for speed and network connectivity which is mainly
what I require when I do need printing, the network will be so I can wireless
enable the unit as I already have an adaptor for that.

Just a thought.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road