[access-uk] Re: Preventing malware?

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:24:26 +0000

The sad thing is that what Derek hankers after is available within leopard, you are able to automate many repetitive operations in to a few keystrokes, the fact that this is so little known speaks volumes as to the lack of information out there for the visually impaired user but then access technology providers have no interest in a screen reader that comes free in the operating system and therefore no profit to them.

Cheers
From glorious Devon, England.

On 10 Dec 2007, at 17:29, Ankers, Dave (UK) wrote:

Derek,
Derek,

I think "DOS" perfectly describes what the programmers at Microsoft do
all day!  considering how "Popular" windows is, I would have thought
they would have made it fully accessible by now without the need for
adding expensive software like JAWS. It is a fact that most people who
use Apple Macs, swear by them, unlike the rest of us, that swear at
Microsoft!

Dave

Dave says

"Reliable, easy to use!! I hope you aren't referring to Windows and
JAWS!!"

Would you  want to turn clock back to the days of DOS?

Oh I  miss the "bat" files. Remember how we could create a file, that
would then do  a number of  commands automatically.

Regards, Derek

Gordon Keen
gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx