[access-uk] Power Management Settings

  • From: "Donna Waring" <donna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 03:34:53 -0000

Could anyone tell me what are good power management settings to have for a desktop system? I'm not quite sure either what the difference is between standby and hybernation. Currently they are all now set to 15 mins apart from hybernation which is 20. Before this they were all set to never, and I am wondering if maybe this is what helped to cause my drive to die. If anyone has any recommendations for good settings this would be useful.

Donna