[access-uk] Re: Portset Digital Media Centre

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:13:37 -0000

Terry may well know the answer to your question below Jackie, but I
think it is very unlikely the Portset will support any of the HD DVD
standards, though in the distant future maybe it will.

the plus and minus DVD standards are a pain, but a lot of recorders
seem to support either one or the other.  Many players will support
both, at least nominally.  Mind it's a hit and miss affair, and even
the superior Mac users I know find some of the DVDs they burn won't
play on some DVD players.  Its all just one more dreary example of a
pointless standards war.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: