[access-uk] Portable sound recording equipment

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:09:28 +0100

Hi list.

Wondered if anyone here is involved in recording spoken matterial onto audio
formats.  I ask because a project I work with is considering prushasing
portable, or smallish, equipment for people to use at home for this purpose.

Many cassette recorders for this sort of thing are exspensive now, the
Maranz machines are the only ones left on the market that I know of.  I am
considering mini-disc recorders, but decks rather than the Walkman'  type
recorders which tend to be awkward to use for this purpose.  Wonder whether
anyone might have thoughts on this.

RAy.

** vacation ## d