[access-uk] Portable hard drive not visible in My Computer

  • From: Edward Green <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:08:55 +0100

Hi,

I have a Samsung S2 portable hard drive that is no longer showing up in My
Computer/Windows Explorer.

It appears to have power when I connect it to a USB port as it starts to
vibrate shortly afterwards, and a Safely Remove Hardware icon appears after I
connect it under Windows 7,  It is also showing up in Devices and Printers and
is apparently working properly according to the General tab sheet of its
Properties dialogue.

I’ve tried to access content using various drive letters from the Run dialogue
box but apparently none of the letters have been assigned to a drive.

Is there anything I’m missing?

Cheerss,

Ed** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-