[access-uk] Portable Hard Drives

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 22:33:58 -0000

Hi Andy and everyone else.

If your looking for ultimate portability, the Freecom XXs range of hard drives
are the smallest in the world, they go up to 320GB in size I believe and the
professional line models come with USB and Firewire connectivity options.
These drives are ultra small but only use a rubber casing for protection so
their not designed to take much punishment.  They also do a tough drive range
as well and there are drives from other manufacturers, the market is crowded
really with choice.  I suppose it all boils down to value for money given the
job you intend achieving.  As for external powered drives, you'll find that
they are faster but forget about portability, they are generally cheaper though
and are a good option if your looking for external backup solutions.  Since I
exclusively use laptops however, I stick to the portable freecom range which
are good value for money.