[access-uk] Re: Pocket DAB Radios

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:30:28 +0100

Hi Mark,

Most VIs I know have gone for the Ministry of sound DR011. However, the
|Pure 1000 operates in almost exactly the same way.  But it's chunkier
and takes three batteries instead of two although this gives extended
battery life.  Neither of these models have telescopic aerials.  I've
not seen the Roberts model.  As for your final question, Pure is
planning to launch a pocket version of the Bug, with pause, rewind and
ability to record to SD card.  My info is that they're not yet sure
whether they would prioritise this for having the IVox speech put on it
as they have to suss out the likely market. However, I know it is
something they're thinking about.

Hope this helps.

Cheers now.

Ian