[access-uk] Re: Plusnet's new Broadband Your way

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:37:58 +0100

Funny this should come up.  This weekend I needed to send
some Linux installer files to a colleague.  My messages
bounced.

After investigation, it seems that Plusnet have 100% blocked
any files containing executables attached to mail messages.

I'm all for protecting users, but such draconian measures
are just typical of the Nanny State we now live in.

George.