[access-uk] Re: Plextalk Linio Pocket whereabouts?

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:19:04 +0100

Here's what I know.  I have a Linio which was sent to me in April.  At that
time Plextalk said they were in discussions with RNIB about the RRP for the
reader, thought at that time to be likely around £400.  The next thing I heard
was earlier this week when someone posted a link to the software update now
available from the plextalk website.  I downloaded the upgrade but was unable
to unzip and execute the file because it was windows compatible and wouldn't
work with my Mac.  I subsequently emailed my contact at the company to ask if
there was a Mac version available.  I've had a holding reply but no further
news.