[access-uk] Re: Please help?

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:33:02 -0000

Hi Christine

>Please add your support by signing the  petition for the higher
>rate of mobility which if we all sign, to increase the allowance,
>it will help lots of visually >impaired people!

I am sorry but this petition is flawed!
There is absolutely  no logical reason why a  person that is *only*
blind  can't use either  a guide dog,  long cane, or other mobility  aid.
The  key to the problem is  people need  mobility training.
So far better  to  campaign  for the right for every blind person to
have access to mobility  training.

And if anyone  uses the  argument that there is no public transport
in their area, that is not a blindness issue, that is a totally
different  issue, so  one could  campaign  for better public transport.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx