[access-uk] Re: Please can someone explain the following

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:28:05 +0100

Hi Alexander,

If spybot didn't find anything, nor AVG, I would take that as a fairly safe bet that you're ok. I wasn't sure from your message whether you ran AVG a second time/it did manage to do a scan. If it can't manage to do a scan I would find that concerning...not sure what to suggest about that - apart from quitting your screen reader while it's scanning which is obviously difficult...

I realise you opened the mail from "support team" because you thought it was legitimate; but I would say it's best not to take any notice of any e-mail which says it has detected spyware or viruses on your system. I wouldn't do a scan in response to such an e-mail.

Catherine
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>