[access-uk] Re: Playing DVDs in Vista

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:29:05 +0100

Hi Catherine -

I've just reproduced the same behavior you are experiencing in Windows Media Player, the DVD just plays the introduction track over and over; this use to happen when I used Power DVD, but hitting enter then would move me to the start of the movie, and I could then use the application key to access all the chapters etc. WMP doesn't allow me to do any of this. I've always disliked WMP, it has never performed for me, on any of my machines, is I think it is meant to, invariably crashing or locking up the machine, under both Win98, XP, and now Vista. Sorry I can't resolve the problem, and I don't have Power DVD on here either, but do have DVD Audio Extractor, under which I can either watch the movie, or rip the sound track to mp3 -

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>