[access-uk] Re: Playing DVDs in Vista

  • From: "JILLIAN GRANT" <jilliangrant1979@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 23:27:45 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:54 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Playing DVDs in Vista

Jill, Was that HP programme called *quick play*? I have it on here, and can all too easilly click on it as it were, from one of the quick launch buttons just above the row of function keys; when I do, it can lock up everything! -

Yes. Well, the prog called itself DVD Play in my list, but it did mention Quick Play when uninstalling. I've never had the problem of accidentally activating it, but it automatically overrode any other options when loading a dvd. I had no idea it was even on my machine. In my experience it's a nasty not so little bit of kit, and i'm glad to be rid of it.

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "JILLIAN GRANT" <jilliangrant1979@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>