[access-uk] Re: Plasma TV as Monitor

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:24:22 -0000

Hi Garry.

Had a look at my TV and although it had ten jack sockets of various
description and two free Skart sockets, I could not see anything that
resembles the 1 inch serial type socket on the rear of my computer, that my
display plugs into.    The reason why I've got the 2 Skart sockets laying
empty is because the signal through my TV is going through an Arcam AV Unit.

I'm very soon going to upgrade my computer, so perhaps I should discuss the
facility of connection to a plasma with the salesperson.

You said "If your TV hasn't got such a socket then you'll need to fit a new
video card
into the PC with a TV output (usually composite or RGB).  "  Is this the
same type of socket which you would plug a standard TV aerial into?  If so,
my computer does have one of these and my start menu has a facility for TV
on/off.

Best wishes.
Andy