[access-uk] Re: Phone Handsets for land lines

  • From: Pele West <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:37:40 +0100

Hi Ian

Peter and I bought the Panasonic phone with 4 handsets in April. We like
the system very much.

If you subscribe to Caller ID it speaks either the number or the name of
the caller if they are in your contact list. This is great except that
it does not speak any of the menus, so we had to ask someone to put the
contacts in for us. I think it could be done without sight if you were
very exacting, but I am not that patient.

It is one of the few cordless phones that allows two people to talk at
the same time without having to go through the business of transferring
a call to the other person.

It is easy to listen to the answerphone from any of the handsets.

There are a number of codes beginning with hash to listen to the
answerphone, change the ring tone, use the phone as an intercom, and
some other things that we have not done yet.

I hope this helps.

Pele West