[access-uk] Phantom Drive

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:55:51 +0000

Hello all.
I have found a better and cheaper alternative to Phantom Burner. Phantom Drive installs a virtual recorder on your computer. You can use this with any application to burn your music or data. You can even use it on computers where no physical recorder is present, such as a netbook. The recorder appears as a CD drive in Windows Explorer. Works on Windows XP and later, 32 and 64 bit. The interface is very nice and accessible. The system tray icon isn't labelled, but if you right click you will see a fully accessible context menu. Pressing enter on the icon will launch the Phantom Starter application by default. The manual looks very good and is in fully accessible PDF format. You can download a free 30 days evaluation copy, as well as purchase the product for only $16.80 (Eur14.95) from www.phantom-drive.com. I am using the free 30 days evaluation copy.
Take care.

--

Chris Hallsworth