[access-uk] Phantom Burner

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:07:56 +0000

Hello all.
Was doing a search to see if there are programs that could emulate not only a CD drive but also a CD/DVD/Blue Ray Burner. Well I found one. The program primarily uses Windows Explorer. It installs a driver that shows up as a drive in Explorer. You simply create the blank media, add files to it, and burn the media, just like you would a real burner. What comes out though is a disk image, usually an iso file, of the media you have just burnt. Clever or what! You can download a free trial, which limits you to 50 MB for CDs and 1.4 GB for DVDs, but is otherwise fully functional. There is a configuration program but so far I haven't found any keyboard access despite the interface being somewhat accessible.
Please google for the program as I am not sure of the URL.
Enjoy.
Take care.
--

Chris Hallsworth