[access-uk] Re: Perkins and other Braillers

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 15:54:17 +0100

Hi Mark,

I've been following this thread, and would like to comment
that, although I haven't used a jot a dot, I've seen one in
use, as my wife, Carol has one and uses it for making notes
in Braille.  The only drawback with the jot a dot, in my
opinion at least, is the fact that it doesn't use the same
size of paper as the Perkins, so it's OK if you want to make
short notes or write lists, but if you wanted to write a
Perkins size page of Braille on a jot a dot, I don't think
that would work, as it would take up more than one page of
the size of paper used for the jot a dot.

Alexander Shannon