[access-uk] Perkins Brailler Help!

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 19:47:28 +1100

I have a Perkins Brailling machine, and have to compile a book of mathematical formula on it, but when ever I get to a certain point, the carriage sticks, causing the next character to be half on top of the previous. I have taken the machine apart with the help of my dad, and determined that the space mechanism is getting stuck on a particular tooth on the bar that guides the space bar. We have tried getting the air-compressor out and giving it a good clean, but no cheese. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever experienced a similar problem; or more specifically, if you can provide any help. For reference, we are using one of the newer old-generation ones--from around 2004-5ish.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
Thomas.
--
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein