[access-uk] Password-protected pdfs

  • From: "Ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:35:56 +0200

Hi guys,
How does one use, or bypass a password-protected pdf that contains scanned
images of text? When I have a normal pdf which has images, I use Omnipage to
OCR the document, but this one is password-protected. Is there anyway of iether
somehow being able to read the document, or of somehow bypassing the password?
I know this obviously doesn't sound too legal, but I don't see why I should not
be allowed to view a document that my fellow sighted students can. I know some
people would say that you should get the password from the creators of the
document, but sometimes you want to read things in a hurry, and half the time
the creators won't give you the password unless you actually get someone from
the uni to ask on your behalf.
Ari