[access-uk] Re: Password protecting usb flash disk

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:47:17 +0100

Hi David;

First of all, just to double check you definitely downloaded it from
http://www.truecrypt.org/ and not any other site ?

OK, good. So the bit you are interesting in is this page,
http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/truecrypt-portable, specifically:

Tools -> Traveler Disk Setup
> You can use this facility to prepare a special traveler disk and launch
> TrueCrypt from there. Note that TrueCrypt 'traveler disk' is not a
> TrueCrypt volume but an unencrypted volume. A 'traveler disk' contains
> TrueCrypt executable files and optionally the 'autorun.inf' script (see the
> section AutoRun Configurationbelow). After you select Tools -> Traveler
> Disk Setup, the Traveler Disk Setup dialog box should appear. Some of the
> parameters that can be set within the dialog deserve further explanation:
> Include TrueCrypt Volume Creation Wizard

Then follow these instructions:
http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/tutorial#Y0or if feeling confident, skip
straight to this part:
http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/creating-new-volume#Y0