[access-uk] Re: Panasonic TV recorders

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:46:01 -0000

I'm not aware of Panasonic DVD recorders with speech. I've had a Panasonic hard disk recorder for a couple of years now, and when I bought it, I went in to considerable detail on list of how, after some initial sighted help, it is pretty accessible. It seemed to me that most people on list didn't want to go to the trouble of making the effort to learn some basic operating steps. For my part, I have been using this recorder happily, and of course will be delighted when the day comes where I can operate one, or a TV set with everything built-in, strait out of the box, but for the mean time, as with all things, we either give up, or find work around. I tend to stay out of those threads where people just moan about how little there is for us, some of us that have lived a while, are able to see how much there is for us, while recognizing we are not all the way there yet. I'm grateful to all those that campaign and lobby for more equality, but if one is always 'waiting' for it all to be perfect, then all one will do is wait -

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>