[access-uk] Re: Panasonic Cordless Phones

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 15:35:58 +0100

to adjust the volume, you'd normally press the up/down arrow repeatedly whilst in a call. personally i don't have a problem with panasonic handsets in that regard. in answer to your remaining question pele, they can't be bought without the answer phone as far as i'm aware, though you could just disable it. as for talking at the same time, yes panasonic are one of the few brands that do allow you to. Here's an amazon link to the phones. they're available in a single, double, tripple or quad version all accessible from that page.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-KX-TG8562EB-Corldess-Telephone-Machine-Black/dp/B007IZGBUS

cheers,

Mo.

On 29/03/2015 15:25, Eleanor Martha Burke wrote:
I have one but I do not remember the model number. announces the number being
cold but that might have to do with me not using the phone book. it does have
an answer phone but would require sight of assistance so I have not set mine
up. I have no touch problems as such but I do not really like the keypad and I
find the volume quite low.

On 29 Mar 2015, at 14:58, Pele West <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Everyone

Several times people have mentioned Panasonic cordless phones on this
list. I am interested in the phones that announce the name of the person
calling.

I have some questions:

1. Please could someone confirm the model name and number?

2. Do they come with an answerphone or is it possible to get a version
with just a base?

3. Do all the handsets speak the identity of the caller? (I know it will
only speak callers in the Contact list). Does the Contact List have to
be in all the handsets?

4. Is it possible for two people to talk to someone at the same time?
This is something Peter and I do quite often, and our current cordless
phone system does not allow it. One of us has to talk on a landline
phone.

Thanks

Pele West