[access-uk] Packt Publishing

  • From: "Michael A. Ray" <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access-UK <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:14:22 +0000

Hello list

I have just been to the 'Packt Publishing' web site to buy a wxPython e-book.

I discovered that to make a purchase I have to create an account, which involves a graphical capture code (don't you just love them?).

Obviously I couldn't proceed because I can't see the code.

I phoned their sales department and after much too-ing and fro-ing was told I have to wait for them to change their web site before I can make a purchase.

Is there a central collection point for reports of inaccessible web sites?

I have been here before but normally a phone call to the company concerned leads to them bending over backwards to help, not the kind of couldn't care less attitude I had from Packt Publishing.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray

Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Ham Radio Callsign: G4XBF, licenced since 1982

Use the NVDA screen-reader, not Scientific, just Freedom