[access-uk] Re: PRODUCT FROM nEBULA

  • From: "Gary Robinson" <gary.r@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:55:28 -0000

    Hi Brian and others,

You may be interested in the following response I obtained from nebula.
Sadly it looks as if it's not going to give us access to the SKY audio
described channels.  I had hoped that it might be an alternative to the Sky
plus box but rather more accessible.

Gary

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your enquires, which are answered as follows:
1. Will the unit support access to subscription channels e.g SKY etc (via
smart card?).
No, the satellite device will support only Freeview Satellite channels.
2. Will the program guide be available for satellite channels?
Yes.
3. Will it support audio description on the satellite channels?
Yes.
4. Will the software interface be the same as the digitv i.e accessible to
screen reader software?
We will be using the same software but it will have a satellite decoder
along with a Freeview decoder built-in.
5. When will it be available and how much will it cost?
Our developers have confirmed that the Satellite devices will be released
within the first quarter of next year.  Unfortunately they are unable to be
more
specific at this time.  They cannot confirm a price at this time either I'm
afraid.  We hope you will visit our website regularly to keep up to date on
any update on this.
Thanks again for your email and we hope this helps.
Thanks & Best Regards
The Support Team
Nebula Electronics