[access-uk] Re: PROBLEMS WITH MAXTOR HARD DRIVE

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 03:24:17 -0000

Hi Mike, George and all who may be interested . . .

Well, I've managed to resurrect the Maxtor . . . and never thought it would happen! In fact, I appear to have been fooled by the clicking noises which were sounding from a distance from me! As I approached, I really thought it was the Maxtor, especially when I couldn't locate it anywhere on my system! No, it turned out to be the scanner and hard drive had been partially unplugged (by someone else I hasten to add) and so both mal-functioned. Needless to say, I'm not yet quite sure whether the scanner will perform OK when I get the opportunity to try it, but the Maxtor has been scanned and appears to be working OK. Without listening to all my CD collection recorded so far and lots, lots more, I guess I have to believe at least that this information is salvageable and at least safe for now!

Thanks to all who passed their comments which certainy kept me going during this little saga! <Smile>

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Cassidy" <mike.cassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>