[access-uk] Re: POSSIBLE DRIVE FAILURE - ADVICE PLEASE

  • From: "Justin R" <mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:55:53 -0000

Hi Carol and Darren,

thanks a lot Carol. I'm not really that concerned about my hard drive as, I'm going to replace it soon anyway. i was just going to do that so that I couild get a larger HD. However, I must admit, I didnt' expect my HD to throw a wobbly on me last Thursday, lol. Everything seems OK, it just complains during start up, then, it sorts itself out.

The report in scandisk is, mainly, accessable for sighted people who can read very fast, LOL. On a normal scandisk i'd totally miss this report and wouldn't have a clue as to what the outcomes is. However, with the last two scandisks, as things accured during the scanning, the message I got remained on screen certainly long enough my me to put my nose to the screen to read them. I doubt jaws will read the reports to you as, scandisk scan in pre-Windows state. WEll, mine seems to.

Yep, the noise you are getting is very much the noise I get on my HD. it's that short whirring noise when the HD is trying to do something but, gets stuck.

Well, good luck with your HD Carol. I know how important these are to our PC's. Well, it's the brain of the PC where as the motherboard is the heart of it. So fingers crossed your HD will keep itself going long enough for you to sort out who's gonna come and have a look at it.

all the best,

Justin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>