[access-uk] Re: POSSIBLE DRIVE FAILURE - ADVICE PLEASE

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:11:11 -0000

Carol.

Is Scandisk really failing to start because the drive is faulty or another
program is preventing it from doing what it needs to?  I have a tool called
Spinrite which I use for all such eventuallities, but it runs from a boot disk
and of course won't work with speech.  An engineer could be expensive,
especially if the drive isn't failing at all.

As I said check Scandisk.
Andrew.