[access-uk] Re: PIN sentry card reader

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 22:39:59 +0000

I've had my card reader for over 6 months, since April I think but I can't remember exactly. I've had no problems with it and the batteries are fine. I usually take my card out when I have the code but not always. The spec says they're meant to last years, is it 5 they claim?

At 20:41 03/12/2008, you wrote:
Hello All,

Is anyone else using the above talking card reader from Barclay's, for logging on to online banking?

I am now on my third machine, and once again the batteries have expired, after very short usage. I am always scrupulously careful to switch off as soon as I have been given the password, so I'm sure I have not wasted the batteries.

Clearly without the card reader there is no way for me to access my account before going out and buying new batteries. This has become such a pain I am writing to the bank to ask to go back to the old way of logging on. I am half prepared for an argument over this, and would therefore be interested to hear if others have had this problem.

Ted Martin