[access-uk] PDF oddity revisited

  • From: Amro Bilal <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 14:50:30 +0000

Hi everyone,

Sorry for writing about this again, but I still haven’t got to the bottom of this issue. Sight and Sound did not have an explanation yet either. They said they were going to consult Vispero and let me know. So, I am hoping one of the gurus on here would be willing to have a go at this oddity.

First, some facts:

·Adobe and JAWS are both up to date and correctly installed.

·This PDF document in question has been OCRed.

·When choosing ‘Save as text’ in Adobe, I get an empty txt file.

The issue:

This is an OCRed PDF document. When I open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit, both JAWS and NVDA report ‘empty page’ as if it was an image. However, if I open it in a Chromium browser, JAWS is able to read it fine. Furthermore, VoiceOver is able to access this PDF document no problems.

I am more than happy to send anyone a copy of the said PDF document to have a look.

Kind regards,

Amro

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq