[access-uk] Re: PDF files?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:45:36 +0100

Maureen.  PDF stands for Portable Document Format.  The program you need
to read these files is Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is distributed
freely.  The latest version allows for reading of for almost all
protected files, although you will need Window-Eyes 4.5 to be able to do
this.  I

You should realise that clicking on a link to a PDF can mean quite a
delay before it is read to you, and its often better to download the
files first before reading them.  (Download can be very slow on a dialup
conexion.)

To download the reader go to:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html

These days I am glad to say the PDF reader works quite well.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx