[access-uk] PCMCIA card slot question

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 01:10:25 +0100

Hi all,

I just wanted to know please if you can get an external PCMCIA card reader at
all? Or something to convert PCMCIA devices into ExpressCard format?

The story is that my brother has a Dell laptop which doesn't has a PCMCIA card
slot. The laptop supports ExpressCard format only. And my brother just bought
an external sound card which plugs into a PCMCIA card reader slot. So is there
any way to use this sound card on my brother's laptop?

Any thoughts will be very much appreciated as this new sound card wasn't the
cheapest, and it'll be quite disappointing not to be able to make a use of it.

TIA,
AmroB