[access-uk] Re: Owasys Mobile Phone.

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:36:01 -0000

Hi Steve,

Depends on what features you want.  If you want a bog standard mobile phone,
then it's OK, though I don't rate the speech very highly at all.  It's a
kind of Spanglish, English-cum-Spanish.  Text messages may be a little hard
to hear, though I only saw it at RNIB for about an hour.  But it does the
basics very well, and certainly has some interesting ringtones.  What you
won't get is a display, so sighted people won't be able to help you, you
won't be able to transfer ring tones from your PC, as you have no Bluetooth,
and in fact, you won't be able to download ring tones either, as you have no
way of communicating with the phone.  But if all you want to do is to ring
mum or dad, or the hospital, it's fine, though 300 quid is a little steep I
would suggest.

I hope this helps a little.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,