[access-uk] Re: Overdrive

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:55:48 +0000

If you are on a Windows machine you need to open rather than save the OMD file. TheOMD file is a small instruction set which points the Overdrive application to your book and makes it available for download within that application.

If you have save the OMD file already you can instead go to Windows Explorer and open if from there and hopefully the Overdrive application will then start. You will have the option to Get Media then to check all the parts for download and finally download the books. You should then be able to locate the mp3 books within the My Media folder which Overdrive will have created in your documents folder.

David Griffith

On 20/11/2014 11:40, Richard Godfrey-McKay wrote:
I'm having a problem in downloading books on to my PC, which, when I did it
some weeks ago, I was able to zip to Dropbox and read with Voicedream reader
on my iPhone.

I have books on my bookshelf,nbut when I hit the download audio button, and
select save, I'm offered an ODM file.  Anyone got any ideas where I'm going
wrong?
Tia,
Richard

Richard Godfrey-McKay