[access-uk] Re: Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 01:13:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi, this outlook.com site is where you go now if you have a hotmail account.
It's not bad, and I manage some of my e-mail with it. One thing I don't like is
that there is a toolbar thingy at the top with various unlabelled blobs on it,
so it can be a bit hard to find the commands I want sometimes. No doubt when I
get deeper into it, I'll find that there are keystrokes for some of them. I can
tell you that the 2 key in JAWS or NVDA gets you to the heading level 2 that
contains the subject line, and Del deletes the current email message.

It's much easier to use than Yahoo Mail now is, if that's any help.

Vince.

Message Received: Nov 13 2013, 04:49 PM
From: "Bernard Georgiou"
To: "bcab" , "access uk list"
Subject: [access-uk] Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

Hello,

Has anyone tried out this new service from Microsoft yet, and to see if its
blind friendly? See the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/

Bernard