[access-uk] Re: Outlook files from one computer to another.

  • From: "Mark Threadgold" <m.j.threadgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 23:37:40 -0000

Peter,

Be aware if you copy over the outlook.pst file to another computer you will
lose anything in the outlook calendar or contacts of the machine you copy
the file to.  It replaces the entire database.

also, you may make a mess of any antivirus program scanning such as AVG.
This installes a proxy email server to outlok in order to scan the incoming
emails and these settings will be lost when replacing the pst file.

If you have one machine you keep up to date and then copy the pst file to a
second machine that is hardly used then this may work fine.  This is indeed
what I do with my desktop outlook pst file onto my laptop one.  My AVG will
not scan my incoming email on the laptop as it cannot find the settings it
installed to the laptop when i upgraded to AVG7.  AVG6 coped fine with this,
incidentally.  In fact AVG 6 seems to have been far superior in several ways
to the new v7 application for this.

Regards,

Mark Threadgold