[access-uk] Re: Outlook Express Thoughts

  • From: "Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 21:31:49 +0100

Tony,

I still use Outlook Express and love it, for what it is ...

I stopped for some time but didn't find anything I liked to replace it, then I think I stumbled on it again.

I've been through various hoops and now am not even sure which install is the latest one I have.

Bottom line: If, like me,
you just want to get your mail done in the way you always have, then it may be worth you trying to do this.

People have basically hacked it about quite a bit to get it to work with Windows 7, but I'm currently using it well enough with IMAP, with a few oddities that have crept in as people have hacked it. At one point it didn't seem to be working on 64 bit, so I would add further caution if you are now working with 64 bit.

Not sure whether I can help you but, if you do install, I may be able to offer a few work arounds with anything you find after that.

Carol P

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonymsweeney@xxxxxxxxx>