[access-uk] Re: Outlook Express 6 With Windows 7: My Thoughts

  • From: carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 12:59:02 +0100

Jim,

I'm not Tony but, for what it's worth, it seems to me that someone (or group)
has simply made it to work with Windows 7 but the email programme, as it was
originally in the latter days of XP, appears not to have been altered. I'm not
a programmer so may well be wrong here, but can't find any other reason why
some, like myself, should find it's working really well, while others are
finding all these little inconsistencies.

If anyone knows how this version came about and who may be responsible for it,
I'd love to follow up on this and perhaps establish whether my reasoning here
is simply "reasoning" but not necessarily the case that it does not work for
some on Windows 64 bit machines.

Hope you can understand what I'm saying here.

Carol P