[access-uk] Re: Outlook 2003 questions

  • From: "Peter Logue" <plsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:51:17 +0100

Hi Chris.
Using Jaws 9 try the following.
Hit insert plus the letter V to bring up the Jaws  options including Outlook
options.
Check the following if you would like Outlook to read more like Outlook
express. By this I mean Outlook will not read headers and subject lines and
will automatically read the email body text.
Message Header Fields With Message Announcement - Turn Off
When turned on, JAWS announces the sender's e-mail address and the subject
title of the message.
Messages automatically read - Turn on.
When turned on, JAWS reads the message when you open an e-mail.

Chris, you might wish to check into some of the other verbosity settings and
see what else might work for you. I see you are using plain text. Try html
text as a format, rather than plain text and see if it works for you when
opening an email.
As to the bong? Well Outlook is king of the bongo bong when it comes to
Jaws. I think it's a glitch with Jaws9. But if you stop speech with the
control key before hitting control M, it often helps.

Peter Logue