[access-uk] Outlook 2003 mail accounts with Win 7 OS

  • From: "Steve Hyde-Dryden" <csdryden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:56:27 +0100

Hi All,

Am having headaches setting up both sky and googlemail accounts on a new
windows 7 laptop with office 2003.  I've followed the instructions on skys site
for it and as far as I can work out, I've put everything in corectly.  I keep
getting security certificate errors to the effect that the  server I'm
connected to is using a certificate which can not be verified and that it's CN
name does not match it's past value.

I've actually had the same issue on my vista desktop but have been using
windows mail on that instead though would like to change to Outlook.

Anyone any ideas?  George? hahaha! can you shed any light?

What do other people use with windows 7 as an alternative?  I've heard some
mention of thunderbird, how accessible is it and do I need scripts or anything
with jaws?

Best wishes

Steve