[access-uk] Re: Outline view in word

  • From: "Peter Bentley" <bentleypdlists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 21:12:54 +0100

Thanks Steve, very helpful.

Peter Bentley
----- Original Message ----- From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:08 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Outline view in word

Peter,

Might be a long way around but I'd be tempted to create a non-standard
table of contents and then change that to text. I haven't got Office
2000, so this is from memory - bear with me! Move to the top of the
document and open the Insert menu, References submenu, index and tables.
That opens a multi-page dialogue. Press Control + Tab once to get to the
table of contents page. By default the table of contents contains page
numbers; assuming you don't want those, Tab around the dialogue and
uncheck everything. There's a drop down list called "show levels", which
defaults to three but if you've used more heading levels you can change
that. Press the OK button to insert the table of contents. Focus will be
below it, so arrow up until you get into the table. If you're using a
screen reader you might hear something about fields or hyperlinks. Press
Ctrl + Shift + F9 to turn it from a field into normal text.

The different levels of heading will be indented by different amounts,
and if you've included numbering in your headings that will be retained
too, so it should be okay to just copy and paste the result.

Steve