[access-uk] Re: Other BT Frustrations

  • From: "Colin Fowler" <col.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:53:40 +0100

Derek,

Let me just remind you once more of the spirit of the disability discrimination act.

The act actively promotes the treating of disabled people more favourably compared with those for whom a similar reason would not apply. Therefore your BT 195 argument just doesn't stack up at all!

I maintain that BT are only doing the basic minimum to comply with legislation, and are actively discriminating by their institutionalised procedures and policies against numerous sectors of the disabled community.

What accessibility functionality has been incorporated within BT Vision for example? That is an access relevant issue that perhaps others on the list are more qualified to answer.

Kindest regards

Colin

Colin Fowler

Disability Consultant