[access-uk] Openbook Compatible flatbed scanners

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:10:38 +0100

Hi All,

Recently my Epson Perfection 3490 flatbed scanner, which I use along
with FS Openbook, has died, may it R I P, It only lasted approximately
18 months! and was rather noisy.  So I'm looking for a replacement.
Now I've always been a fan of Canon goods, and their current flatbed
scanner is the LiDE 25.  I would be grateful if anyone on the list who
has experience of this scanner with Openbook, would be so kind as to
give their opinion of it's performance.

Cheers

Dave