[access-uk] Re: OpenOffice.org

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 05:33:49 +0200

I have not tried Open Office, have always thoguht of it as inaccessible.However, do you have the Java Access Bridge installed? If the application is java based, which I heard it is, maybe the access bridge will help some.

Cheers,

Doris

At 02:52 AM 6/7/2006 +0100, you wrote:

Does anyone know whether Openoffice can be made more accessible/

So far, I've found that dialogue boxes are very hard to interpret, and when I load a spreadsheet, Openoffice reads it fine, but then the screen-readers are either struck dumb or speak nonsense. Window Eyes made the most sense of it, but even then it only stuck to reading the header row.

Has anyone done any scripts for this program? A Google search has drawn a blank so far.

If not, well, I'll have to stick to MS Ofice for the duration. Shame, though - OpenOffice looks like such a good idea. I suppose the snag is its basis in Java.

Vince.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.