[access-uk] Re: Open book?

  • From: "Richard Godfrey-McKay" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:43:27 +0100

I think that the recognition of Open Book 9 is excellent;  you can select
whether you want a quick medium or thorough scan.  re the Pearl camera, this
is quite impressive too, but you need to be aware that the result is
dependent on ambient light conditions including the colour of surfaces
surrounding the material being captured, which is not an issue with a flat
bed scanner, and it's not something I would go for at the minute, although
many will find it useful.  The ability to scan books quickly is great with
it.

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880

Mobile: 07791 452 593